Welcome to the website for OASIS, the student sustainability group at New Mexico State University (NMSU). Here’s the latest news:
- This semester’s meetings will be on the second and fourth Wednesdays of the month from 4:00-5:00 p.m. at the Environmental Education Center, Room A116 Regents Row. The first meeting will be Wednesday, January 25.
- This semester, OASIS is collaborating with the City of Las Cruces to host the Earth Day Fair on Saturday, April 22, 2017.
- In fall semester of 2016, OASIS organized or participated in the following events and activities:
- A free community screening of Before the Flood, Leonardo DiCaprio’s documentary on climate change;
- A tour of the earthships in Alamogordo;
- A successful ASNMSU initiative to reduce styrofoam use on campus, achieved in collaboration with Hector Yakube;
- Toss No Mas Trash Pickup;
- An expansion of the Food Recovery Network to the School of Hospitality, Restaurant, and Tourism Management; and
- The recovery of several hundred pounds of drop apples from Burke Farm Apple Orchard. Drop apples (apples that fall naturally without being picked) cannot legally be sold as produce, but they can be used in baked goods.
Second and Fourth Wednesdays from 4:00-5:00 p.m.
The Environmental Education Center
Room A116, Regents Row
New Mexico State University, Main Campus
OASIS Club at NMSU
Las Cruces, NM